Saturday, September 1, 2007

My Suicide...


You open the door and what do you see?

Bloodied and broken, you know that it's me...

Written in blood, my note you have found.

Picking it up, you make not a sound.

Crimson letters burned into your mind.

You wonder why I have left you behind.

Looking at me, you're taking it in...

Seeing the wounds of my sliced open skin.

Little by little, I tore it apart...

In my hands I hold my beating heart.

But slowly it's fading, you were minutes too late.

Soon regretting you're fatal mistake.

Mangles and broken, you know I am dead.

Drowned in the shallow pools that I bled.

Reading my note, you're wondering why...

Noticing the tear stains from when I cried...

"It hurt so much to have a life.

So I took it away with the blade of my knife.

No one noticed me disappear...

No one would care I was no longer here.

All they saw were my smiling eyes.

Never realizing they were all lies.

Hiding my pain, you never knew...

There were so many things I could never do."

So tired, desperate, and done with it all,

I had finally smashed right into a wall.

I enjoyed my death, it was very slow.

And now you know why I had to go...

I was forsaken and needed to die.

And that is the reason for my suicide.

But one more thing that I must do:

Tell you how much I still love you.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Although your topic makes me worry, your poem is very good. Have you ever checked out poemhunter.com. You can submit your poems to be posted on their website. See you in class tomorrow.
Peace,
Lisa

Soccer Babe said...

theres not much to say besides WOW! this is really good. In a way describes how my life has been lately, not the suicide part but everything else. its amazing

lynns said...

This poem was really good! You really know how to write poems well and make the reader involved.

Juli3 said...

I really like this poem although the topic may worry us as someone else commented you already. I, myself sometimes I feel the way you do and I write sad poems. Just remember that life is very precious.